Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Got to love insecurity

Today has been one of those days that no matter how hard I've tried I've still managed to feel very insecure about myself.Those of you who know me real well know that i've come along way from where i was in my 'self-image' a year or two ago but i still have days like today where i just feel 'ugly.'

Days where i feel too fat, to tall, too hairy, that my teeth are too yellow, that i'm too out of shape..ect. ect and i try to to my best to focus myself off of me and on to something else and i lose the fight.

So on days like today (that will soon be over and tomorrow will begin a new day) I just try to make it by reminding myself of God's goodness and love for me even if my eye brows do need to be plucked...lol.

Oh and I also read one of the most encouraging passages i think any woman could read
I may not be married but i like to think that this verse still applies to me :)

1 Peter 3:3-5

"Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. The holy women of old were beautiful before God that way, and were good, loyal wives to their husbands. Sarah, for instance, taking care of Abraham, would address him as "my dear husband." You'll be true daughters of Sarah if you do the same, unanxious and unintimidated." -The Message

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands," -NIV

3"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;4But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.5For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:"- KJV

"Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 5 For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands," _NKJV

4 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

I really like the NKJV. I think it says things so perfectly

Carl said...

I am blessed to have a girlfriend who places her hope in God, for so many reasons. Not the least, I can walk with a beautifully modest woman who does not find her final dream/life here on earth. We walk together with the One, by the One, and to the One who made us and saved us.

Needless to say for any woman, God makes you more beautiful everyday you draw closer to Him.

Anonymous said...

You're a sweet man