Monday, April 2, 2007

War Strategy: Joshua chapter 8

As i read this passage i remembered the importance of having a 'strategy.' Strategies that will help us defeat sin in our lives, or that will give us targets to help us stay on the right path even when obstacles stand in the way.

I am such a "gone with the wind" kind of person and no I'm not talking about the movie. I have often in my life just gone where-ever the wind has blown me and while that has had its advantages from time to time and has definitely been quite the adventure; I have also been able to look at the times in my life where my lack of 'strategies' or as my boyfriend likes to say "planning" has made the adventure some what more difficult at times.

It is not that i am completely opposed to having a plan but i have often been discouraged by things that have not gone according to plan that i've so very often reached the conclusion better just to go with the flow than to paddle up river.

And the more that i have reflected on it the more that i realize that even i must find the balance between going with the wind and planning how to paddle up stream.

I have often given Carl a hard time for always 'planning' things out but the more that i think about it he's not that far off track :) a slong as he keeps a balance between having a stratgy and walking by faith ; which sometimes includes not knowing which way the wind will take you (oh the irony of it all)

No comments: