Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Second Chance, A Second Passover (Chps 3-5: Part 1)

Three days at the edge of the promised land, the edge of battle, the edge of a muddy overflowing river, the people of Israel wait.

It's been awhile since I posted last. M'lady had posted awhile ago on Chapter 2 of Joshua focusing on the core thoughts and the core statement of faith Rahab. "For the LORD your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below" stated Rahab in midsentance. All the people of the land were terrified but Rahab was afraid enough to believe. And through the spies, God extends his grace (Chesed) to Rahab.

That Chapter (Chapter 2) splits up the path of commands from chapter 1. Previously, God had commanded Joshua and Joshua had commanded the Officers. Now after three days by a smelly river the commands will be carried out and the people will cross over.

So before the people cross over (עבר) the elders pass through the camp (עבר). Not only do they pass through the camp but through the midst (קרב), meaning all amoung the people. The Hebrew word is often used for the inards of somebody or something in their heart/mind. The officers have "Started" something that will be so amazing as the day moves on.

But I will have to write that more later :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've wet my appetite. Can I have some more please?

Joshua said...

I appreciated your blog. It is really informative and I appreciate you using and showing the original language. It helps support what you say. I hope all is well for you my friend! God Bless!

Micah said...

nice blogspot carl...