Monday, April 2, 2007

Hope, be Un- Dismayed: Joshua Chapter 8 vs 1

" Now the Lord said to Joshua 'Do not be afraid nor be dismayed;...' "

The title of my personal Blog is Hope be Undismayed; which i entitled after a song by Jars of Clay. Reading Joshua 8 has put a bit of conviction in my heart because somewhere in these past 8 months my hope has been lower, my faith challenged, and i have indeed at times been dismayed.

Lately God has gently and yet at the same time abruptly been reminding me that He is with me. That he hasn't left me to walk through this world on my own. That i can hope for 'good' things to happen even if those good things only come after hard times. Even if those good times never come. I know that the Lord was "with " Joshua in a different way than he is "with" me but no matter the diffrence He is indeed still "with" me.

Thank you Carl, for gently reminding me of this truth through out our 2 and 1/2 month courtship and for gently reminding me of this truth through out our 2 and 1/2 years of friendship God has used you mightlily in my life.

No comments: