Saturday, January 8, 2011

Considering Context

Why is it hard for me to write? Why do I even find it important to write? The audience is vast and unknown; my context is either to broad or narrow. I default to either writing like an internet advertisement or like an intellectual hermit.

Now if I constructed a limited context for my discourse, then I perhaps would only have needs to narrow my topics. Before I wrote this blog for medium-rare commentary on Biblical exegesis. My study has been greatly diminuted since the inception of this blog. I mostly read without stopping to dive into details. Mental tools for carefully and rightly interpreting fine points of the word have become rusty and dusty.

But it is good to look at the Future. "The only life I have left to live is the future. The past is not in my hands to offer or alter. It is gone." Endeavors to produce articles on this blog must now rest in the hands of God's active grace. Then I will if it please Him, allow me to both consider in a limited context the treasures and workings of truth.

My limited context then will be what God has given me in relational life--my wife, my children, and my immediate friends.

1 comment:

Sara said...

i like it when you blog even though I'm not always sure i can really folow your train of thought. I love you